About Me

My photo
Malaysia
Golf. Its a game that test Patience and Strength. Its you against Mother nature. My equipment -------------- Driver: Titleist 909 D Comp 9.5 Stiff 3 wood: Maruman Shuttle 15' Stiff 5 wood: Maruman Conductor 20' Stiff Regular Hybrid: Nike HL Slingshot 3 Regular Irons: Mizuno Mp 62 NSPRO Stiff Wedges: Nike SV Tour 56' and 60" True Temper S400 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Monday, February 21, 2011

Maruman Conductor AD460 finally Sold and My Review of Maruman Conductor AD460


So i have sold my Maruman Conductor AD460 and got myself a Mizuno MP-62. My my... what do i think of it? the MP-62 is sweet!

Ok since I have used Maruman Conductor AD460 on the course competitively before, I guess I am suitable to write in detail about how Maruman Conductor AD460 feels like.

Looks

Now I won't be posting any photos on this short review because well you can find most of the photos online anyway. Plus I no longer have my Conductors to take them. Ok looks wise, the Irons are beautifully designed, with a wide sole. It is a half a centimetre shorter than the Ping G15's sole. (If you want to know). However, Maruman boasts on its technology of having their razor sole where only a small portion of the sole is actually touching the ground. As for the head of the irons, i would say its medium to large. Its certainly not oversize as one may have seen before like the Mizuno T-zoid Titanium.

Feel
Solid is the word. The material use for the face of the Maruman Conductor AD460 is HT1770 steel. It is a forged face with the rest of the body of the Maruman cast using stainless steel. There are surprisingly some feedback on the irons, not as much as one hits when using a forged irons of course, But when the ball contacts the iron face, you will know whether that was a good shot or a shot going OB. Anyway, it is not as buttery as the forged irons of course, but the HT1770 face is considered soft compared to several other steels used by other manufacturers who uses 17-4 steel or 431 steel.

Techonology

Well it has Tungsten insert to create more weight at the back of the club face. The irons are slightly more heavy actually and my Maruman Conductor AD 460 was fitted with NSPRO 950GH Regular Shaft. It really felt as if i am having a long hammer in my hands whenever i swing the irons. One thing good about this is that my swing can be easily aligned to the correct plane and that the ball can hit much longer as a result of the inertia generated. Now it can be tiring when one is using a heavy irons of course but the good side is that it is really good if you are stuck in the rough and you need the extra umph to get the ball out flying. The Tungsten also help in the ball flight of the irons. I realize my ball are easier to lift of ground and into the air compared to other clubs i used.

Forgiving
Yes it is very forgiving. It is rather easier to hit and even a shot that is off center can really go quite far.

Distance

Lets put it this way, my 7 normal iron can go about 135 meters and with this Maruman Conductor AD460, the 7 irons goes about 150meters. Reason? thats simple, its because of the loft of the clubface. a standard 7 iron has approximate 35 degress loft but the Maruman Conductor AD460 has 29 Degrees loft. that is a whopping 6 degress difference! even my standard 6 irons only has 31 Degrees! So common sense, it can go further. Of course, nowadays a lot of other manufacturers have followed this trend, that is claiming that their irons can go further etc. One of this the Taylormade Burner 2.0 which I believe is using a more upright loft in order to hit further. So guys please don't trust what their website is saying by comparing all manufacturer's 6 irons and claim that burner's 6 iron is the furthest. This is all very misleading.
I can also put a number 9 stamp on my 6 iron, and claim that my 9 iron can go 160 Meters.

Grip
Just a standard golf pride grip, nothing special.

Groove
I have been told by the sales executive at transview that these irons are conforming to the 2010 competition rules. However, I have no way of confirming his statement as no pro that i know are using them. But from the looks and feel of the groove on the irons, they are fairly shallow. notheless, they are ale to create quite fair amount of spin should you require it when you hit your golf.

Conclusion
Why i sold my Maruman Conductor AD460 off if it is that good? because I'm getting married and i don't actually need 2 irons sets in my store room. As for Mizuno Mp 62's review, that is another day which i will write in detail. Feel free to ask me questions on Maruman Conductor AD460 and my experience.

2 comments:

  1. I also have a ad460 iron set and im very tempted to sell it off. I get the feeling that these clubs are somewhat 'beginner' clubs and if i want to move on to the next level, this might hinder my process. your thoughts on this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, can i knw how much u sold it before? The conductor ad460 iron.

    ReplyDelete